Pages

January 13, 2011

facebook challenge

My friend Lori, who lives thousands of miles away, threw down the gauntlet the first week of January.  This was the status she posted on facebook:

"Pay It Forward 2011:
I promise to send something handmade/homemade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must, in turn, post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011."
 
Alrighty then... I wanted to embroider or sew something for her, but desired it to be useful for her family.  Finally settled on coasters after I happened to come across these by Jenny @ allsorts.

FAB-U-LOUS!

So...

I went rummaging through my junk ummm, neatly folded & stacked fabrics stash  & found some purple coordinates that were too small to do anything very ambitious...

They were so easy!


(The bottom side of the coaster is the navy background...)


I cranked out 6 in an hour, or so.


Now here they are, all ready to send her way, with ...

(It'll take me longer to package them & stand in line at the Post Office to ship them to Ohio!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?