Pages

April 9, 2011

It's for a Bridal Shower

The pastor's son is getting married this summer. (In Cali, the weekend of our 19th anniversary -- I think the hubs & I will capitalize on that!) On Saturday his auntie is hostessing a shower for the bride-to-be. I scored an invite. (I say "scored," 'cause Sally's parties are legendary!)






hmmmmmmmmmmm -- Guess I'll need a little card for this occasion...






















 I crafted the card using some images from Karen's incredible stash. As you can see, I utilized the marriage certificate,
(I created a little sepia-tone man's silhouette to
put in one of the picture frames of the certificate.)
the bride silhouette 

 After attaching each piece of lace with gold thread to the front of the card; I adhered a graphic of Wagner's Wedding March to cover the bobbin thread.



(The "big" gift, however, is this monogrammed pillow I designed, appliqued, embroidered, and sewed.

You can get all the details in this post.)


(By the way, the bride-to-be loved the card at the shower this afternoon!)

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from the graphics fairy. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting likewise.
    Not surprised the Bride loved it, it is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of work and a wonderful project you have such talent

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?