Pages

September 11, 2011

forever changed


I will never forget that phone call from my husband as I was readying my sons for breakfast. 
He told me to watch the news. I turned the TV on, as so many did, just as the second plane was hitting. 
I watched and moaned in horror as debris and bodies flew out the other side of that building... as smoke started filling the sky I rocked and groaned "Dear Jesus, dear Jesus, dear Jesus..." At the age of seven, my oldest could barely grasp the significance of the tragedy; and of course, my three- and one-year-old were upset only because of my wailing.
"What's wrong, Mom? What's wrong?"

All I could think of were those thousands of souls perishing without a Savior.




1 comment:

  1. I still remember where I was and what I was doing (sleeping) when Gayle called me to turn on the TV, just in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I'll never forget.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?