Pages

October 20, 2011

Spiced Caramel Apple Crisps


Sure signs of Fall: crisp Granny Smiths in the produce aisle, sales on Halloween candy & innumerable pumpkin recipes clogging up the blogosphere!
I was quite excited when Sheryl, the Lady Behind the Curtain asked if I'd like to participate in her Improv Cooking Challenge for October using apples & caramel. TWIST MY ARM
My men approved this recipe & can attest to its deliciousness.
Sooooo... first I made the caramel sauce. (You don't have to go to the bother, you could just go out & buy a jar...)

















wow! didn't realize my flash would make this look so light...
Then I went to work on the apples.
(still in with my Pampered Chef apple/peeler/slicer/corer...)
Prepared the tortillas...
Filled 'em up...

Gave 'em a little oven time...
b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l.














Needless to say, a dozen of these didn't last too long since a couple of my boys were on Fall Break.


Here's the recipe:
Thank you, Sheryl, for letting me join in today!


11 comments:

  1. Wow, these look fabulous! Stopping by from The Challenge. I'm a new follower :)

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I'm going to make them for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned this great idea! Fun being part of the inaugural ICC with you!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your recipe and they look delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Improv Cooking Challenge recipe: Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look good! Stopping by from the challenge. I'm #53.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of using tortillas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This sounds absolutely divine and so easy. I am definitely bookmarking to give it a try very soon. I think my boys will be very, very pleased. :) Happy day to you, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look fabulous, Apples are favorite fruit in every sessions. We make different dishes with apples and same thing doing with berries. My grandmother likes to make blackberry jam, blackberry cobbler, blackberry lemonade, and many more recipes of blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant! I am so excited to try this out! I'm adding tortillas to my shopping list right now. Perfect post for this month's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so fancy but really isn't even too complicated! Gotta love those kind. That's an interesting contraption you've got there from Pampered Chef!!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/10/caramel-apple-marshmallow-dip-improv.html

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?