Pages

March 11, 2012

for Givana

Last month my li'l sis commissioned me to stitch up some girlie necessaries in zebra & pink. Her friend was expecting a granddaughter.
Had no trouble running down zebra prints (I even picked up a remnant of zebra fleece I didn't get to use in this project...) but do ya think I could find the pink chenille I wanted? I ended up buying a bath towel. Fortunately the pink wasn't very difficult to match.
First up was embroidering one of the burps with a zebra. Love the rick rack trim... 
What I'm never going to do again is monogram an initial with terry toweling! I do like the way it looks now, but it was a real pain to trim! 
I found the pattern for the changing pad here. (Of course I had Pinterested it a few weeks prior & knew right where to find it!) The directions were easy to follow.
I did end up stitching the binding by hand instead of top-stitching because of the thickness of the terry.
I packaged the three items up & shipped it off to the sis. She amazingly found some zebra wrapping paper & matching ribbon at Michael's.



(Gonna link up with Skip to my Lou for Made by You Monday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?