Pages

March 13, 2012

late to the camera strap cover party

So, last week I stitched my very first camera strap cover. I know, I know... what took me so long to try it?
I wanted to send a little thank you gift to the very wonderful Megan who photographed Zach's senior portraits. She spent oh so much time with him & did such a marvelous job!
I had a desire to stitch something that could look professional with somewhat of a girly kick to it. I decided that black & white would be perfect.
While the machine was stitching out the wording, I covered two buttons with a tiny check pattern for flower centers.
Sometimes if a piece might get some wear & tear or need to be washed, it is a good idea to seal the bobbin threads so the lettering doesn't unravel.
Toile side got the three flowers.
The ruffle is a coordinating Laura Ashley black vine print.
Close-ups of the flowers:
The one out of toile was wrapped tightly & fringed. Three black beads became the perfect center!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?