Pages

March 30, 2015

Spring has sprung… (pt. 2)

OK -- we were talking about a young birdy couple needing a place to stay. Well, this space was recently renovated. I’ll show you the “before” & “after” pics:

inv 018BEFORE

100_0011AFTER

Yes, sometime in the past I had a flair for the dramatic… Believe it or not, this is the entry to the office/guitar/piano studio.we (7)

DSCN2147(speaking of renos… my Pinterest board for office redo is screaming to be used! Still trying to figure out how to blend the nautical & music themes…)

Much as I love our monogram being visible upon entering the front door, it didn’t quite convey the cozy factor I want every one to feel in our home. Our nest.end_27But then some vintage sheet music got involved…

2 comments:

  1. Nice. Anything music related sings to me. :) How did you cover the "S" using Modpoge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Cammie! Your question sent me on a search for pictures of the process & they are dated way back in October 2010! I had no idea I'd done that so long ago. The music that I découpaged on the large papier-mâché "S" was just the copied music I used for piano when I was in worship band. I tore it into various strips then applied with Michael's version of Mod Podge. I then "aged" it with brown glaze, then gold glaze over that. After a few days I thought it needed a little more depth, so I gold-leafed parts of it.

      Delete

So...
What do you think?